Monday, December 08, 2008

Works of Art

It's the school hols and Sean & Aidan are bored. Well, they get bored during school days too but the bored-o-meter is much higher during the hols. My stress-o-meter is higher too. :) Anyway, Sean starts bugging me to give them art & craft to do. So I bought a box of water colours, a palette and brushes. They couldn't wait to start.

I wanted to show them something fancy so I cut ladies fingers and dipped it into the paint and pressed it onto the paper and...they weren't impressed. *sigh* They just wanted to get their hands on the brushes and paint away. (Good thing I didn't make potato stamps too).

So paint they did. It was shaky at first as they weren't used to brushes and each colour in the palette turned black because they got too excited to remember to wash the brushes before dipping into a different colour.

But soon, Sean got the hang of it and started painting trucks. What else?! That's all he draws and talks about. Trucks, trucks, trucks. Aidan was busy experimenting with colours and turned out some abstract pieces.

I took snapshots of the paintings and put it in my Facebook. Just click here.

Now, to put my thinking cap on for the next art & craft project.

No comments: