Monday, December 15, 2008

What Lies Beneath

Aidan will be 3 years old this Friday. Time sure flies. My baby is no longer a baby. But he's still very cute. His vocabulary and observation has improved much these past months resulting in many funny, cute and endearing remarks or conversation. Today was no exception.

He woke from his nap but Sean was still asleep. He wanted to go to the loo and as I was dressing him after that, I thought I'd seize the opportunity to talk to him about wearing underwear. We wanted him to start wearing underwear sometime soon but so far he's refused. So, I told him its time he started cos he's a big boy now and etc. At first he wasn't keen and I left it at that. Then he said, "I want a red one". Oh boy, the ones I bought him were different shades of blue. I showed them to him anyway. All with Spiderman design. He pointed to Spidey and asked, "Is Spiderman wearing underwear?" Well, obviously, not on the outside like Supes but I said, "Yes".

He chose the dark blue one and after I put it on him, he looked pleased and said, "I'm so proud for my underwear" (I think he meant "of"). I was surprised cos he's not used the word "proud" before. And then, "I love my underwear because it look so nice. Thank you mummy, for buying my underwear."

After half a minute, he sat up and said, "Am I still wearing my underwear?" He lifted his t-shirt, checked and said, "Yes, I check edi, I'm still wearing my underwear."

After that, he proudly announced to Sean, my parents and Jason that he's wearing underwear cos he's a big boy.

Haha! So cute!

1 comment:

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Hi Liz,
You're back at your best! It was nice to see you horning your writing skills at the blog. It's been quite a while though! Hey! Great children and I know they are so much a part of you. You're a real blessing to Jason and to the children, Sean & Aidan. Bless you for having a great heart! Have a smashing day ahead!