Friday, June 19, 2009

Sean learns to joke


Sean is five years old and today i found out that he's learning to joke. We were driving home from kindy. Sean and Aidan were in their car seats in the backseat. Elyon Lee was riding shotgun. Aidan was calling, "Elilon! Elilon!" I tried to help Aidan pronounce it right. "Aidan, it's air-lee-yawn", I said. "It means he yawns a lot!" Sean teased. I didn't expect that but I told him not to make fun of people's names.

After we dropped Elyon off, Aidan suddenly said, "I have a new friend in class mummy!" He said it's a boy. I asked the boy's name. He wasn't sure but said, "I think it's Tee Shaw" (I'm guessing the spelling). "You mean the tricycle?" Sean quipped and laughed. I couldn't help a surprised chuckle. Of course he meant that Tee Shaw sounds like trishaw. Cheekiness!

No comments: