Saturday, February 05, 2005

The BIG Move

At last, we’ve moved. To our new home, that is. It’s in Taman Paya Rumput Indah, quite a distance from town. We moved on 26 December and the next day a friend told us that Penang was hit by an “earthquake”. Our TV aerial was not fixed and we did not buy newspapers so we had no idea about the tsunami and thought the feller was pulling our leg. It was the next day that we learned of the tragedy. Jason and I were married on Sept 11, 1999. 2 years later the 911 tragedy happened. Then on the day we moved to our very own house, the tsunami struck. What a coincidence. Back to our house.

It’s a double storey terrace house. My parents and us are among the first to move in among the double storey 3rd phase of this Taman. My parents are just one door away. Being one of the first means having to put up with all the noise and dust of incoming neighbours’ renovations. Ah well.

It’s really convenient having my parents nearby. Even though I’m not working at the moment and look after Sean on my own, I really appreciate my mum’s help. She cooks Sean’s meals and bathes him. My parents also takes Sean on evening walks (Sean in his stroller) and to the playground. (I will write about Sean’s meals and evening walks another day). My mum and I take turns to cook. Well, so far I’ve cooked a couple of times. Haven’t cooked for about 2 years...pretty rusty. When I got married, I happily made dinner almost every night even though it meant I had to rush home from work 20 minutes away. Then we moved to Kg. Lapan which was nearer to my office but I just lost the passion to cook. So, getting started again isn’t that easy but it’s fun.

God has really been faithful and provided for us by way of love gifts from caring Christians and the kindness of people who allowed us to pay in installments for the lightings, wiring works and grills. We’ve also been very blessed by Jason’s colleagues who helped us move house. They drove the lorry, moved all our stuff (2 trips) and then went to help my parents too. At no charge at all. We’re really blown away and are so grateful for their help.

Below’s a snapshot of our home.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: