Saturday, February 05, 2005

American Idol

Ha! I simply love this show and am so glad the new season’s started. It’s simply hilarious. We laugh at the contestants and their weird singing and comments. I cannot believe how bad some of them sound but most often, they’re the ones with the most confidence. The judges’ expressions are simply priceless. Of course there are talented contestants too and we want them to get through the audition.

The first episode, they had Mark McGrath (aka Sugar Ray) as guest judge and one really freaky contestant called him a hottie. Now, this contestant was really freaky but I have to agree with her, the guy’s a hottie. He looks a lot like Ethan Hawke.

We enjoyed last year’s American Idol. We were hoping Fantasia would win when it was just her and Diana Degarmo. Boy, were we glad Fantasia won. Degarmo’s got an amazing range and power for someone so young but we found her habit of using power vocals all the way simply annoying.

Malaysian Idol was fun too. It was obvious that Jac was a cut above the rest and we were voting for her. So glad she won. Hope this year’s Malaysian Idol will see an improvement in vocal quality.
Talented or not, I must say that every one of the contestants are really brave. It’s not easy to sing to a panel of judges and be on national TV. And if they get through the auditions, they are in for many weeks of really tough competition. I really admire their guts. I’m too old but even if I make the age limit, I don’t think I have the guts to try. Don’t think I’m good enough lar.

No comments: