Monday, March 03, 2008

Little pray-ers

Sean & Aidan say a prayer, well, several prayers to be exact, before they sleep. They say a prayer for each other, one for mummy & one for daddy. Jason or I will say the prayers and they repeat after us.

Aidan will pray in the most manja voice. It just seems that when he prays, his voice becomes more manja than usual. It's so cute. And he knows not to repeat when we pray for him. He'd just have this cheeky-shy-smile on his face instead.

Anyway, a few nights ago, I was leading the prayer "session" and part of it went something like this....

Me: Please provide for our needs.
Sean: Please provide for our knees and legs.
Me: What?
Sean: Legs, mummy. Knees and legs.

Haha! I was so tickled but I had to control myself and not laugh. I explained that I'd said "needs" and not "knees." Of course Sean wanted to know what "needs" is and I had to explain. We usually keep our prayers short and use the simplest of words but I'd forgotten.

No comments: