Saturday, October 07, 2006

What's become of the human race?

I am afraid of reading the news these days. Too much mayhem & murder. Too much ugliness in the world. In humans. It's inhumane.

Recently, the murder of a 19 year old student & the murder of a 3 year old toddler. They died horribly. Probably at the hands of people they trusted. News like these give me nightmares. They affect me for days on end. I cannot get it out of my head...& heart.

Now that I'm a parent, I cannot imagine the effects of such tragedy. I cannot imagine that humans can be so cruel. I think the pain is too much to bear.

Dear Lord, help us! Help us to be strong to pray against such evil inflicting our nation. Build in us courage to get down on our knees to pray for Your intervention. And protect our loved ones each day.

I'll steer clear of the news for some time. It's too painful.

No comments: