Saturday, November 19, 2005

The BIG news

I mentioned BIG things happened. Well, the biggest has got to be....the impending arrival of our second child. Yes, you read that right, I'm PREGNANT. Again. So soon after Sean. Actually, I was already pregnant at Sean's birthday party but had no idea. No wonder I was extra tired! We found out soon after.

I cannot begin to describe the gamut of emotions I felt when I found out. To be honest, I wasn't elated. I was in TOTAL SHOCK. It took us 2-3 years to conceive Sean. Those years were filled with frustration, longing, lots of prayers and visits to the doctors. So imagine my shock when I got pregnant "so easily" this time. Well, it took a long time for the shock to wear off.

This pregnancy has been a difficult one. So different than my first. The first four months, I endured terrible nausea and giddiness. And then there was abdominal pains, body aches, insomnia, gastric...SIGH. It was really tough for me especially with caring for Sean. My mum has been a tremendous help. Without her, I wouldn't have made it. She stepped in to help me with Sean.

The baby's due 31 December 2005 (haha!) I wanted a baby girl but the scans show another boy. We haven't decided on a name for the baby yet.

This baby's been really active. Of late, it feels like football season in my tummy. Really hard kicks and turns/movements. Quite a lot of them painful.

We've been trying to prepare Sean for the arrival of his sibling but really, how do you tell a 19 month old that he'll have a baby brother next month? We tell him anyway and pray that God will help Sean adjust well.

No comments: