Friday, January 23, 2009

Who am I?

I've always envied people who are confident, different, sure of what they're to do here on earth and already happily at it, unafraid to stand out in a crowd...just comfortable in their own skin.

I on the other hand have always been uncomfortable in my own skin. Not a confident person, just another face in the crowd.

And lately, I've been even more unsure of myself. Somethings that were once a "sure thing" and a dream for me is now in tatters. The more I look at myself, the more I seem to fall short of who I really want to be.

I guess that's why it's so great that Jesus is my Saviour. But I'm still trying to connect the dots and emerge from my cocoon a proud butterfly, sure of what my Saviour wants me to do and fully able to do it for His glory.

1 comment:

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Hi Liz,
Aww! Don't be so down-lar. God made us all different for a purpose.Some are meek, some are strong, some stand out in between the crowd while some totally at the background. We all play a different role in our lives! With our strength and weakness, God shaped us and moves us in His way to strengthen others. Yunno, you will never know what lives you have touched even not uttering a single word. That is God's speciality. God loves you no matter what capacity you are in. He looks into the heart. That's what matters to HIM. For many years now, this has been my inspiration - it is my heart that He wants ~ not who I am or what I do or how impressive I am or whatsoever. It's the heart that matters to him. Hey, be blessed and know that He honours you more than you'll ever know! Be blessed and Gong Xi Fa Cai!