Sunday, February 11, 2007

One of the things I miss the most

You know how a particular smell or song can trigger a memory? Well, I experienced something like that about 2 months ago. Only, it wasn't just one song & it triggered more than a memory.

We were visiting a church that Sunday. During worship, the songs they sang weren't new but by the second song, there was just something in the atmosphere that triggered such a longing in me. It was like someone pulled apart heavy curtains & windows to let sunshine & fresh air in. I could worship freely. I felt such liberty in that place. The longing I felt was akin to a dry well being filled again. I remembered what it was like to experience such worship and wanted it again.

And then several ladies up front took up timbrels with long ribbons and danced. When I saw the ribbons in the air, the longing deepened. I used to dance with a timbrel too. Many years ago. The songs, the timbrels...it brought back what I've missed so dearly - the worship experience in an atmosphere of freedom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This site is a walk-through for all the information you wanted about this and didn' t know who to ask. Look here, and you' ll definitely find it.