Friday, October 08, 2004

Lullabies

I've always wondered what a lullaby sound like. I mean, I've heard kiddy rhymes and songs but I don't think I've heard a bona fide lullaby. I like to sing (or used to. It's still in there somewhere but the tiredness and busyness sorta buried it) and so when I started singing to Sean, I wondered again about lullabies. I sang Christian songs at first and then one day it happened. I created my own lullaby.

It's nothing much. In fact, it's a silly little ditty, four repetitive lines and melody. It goes:

Mummy sayang Sean boy
Mummy sayang Sean boy
Mummy sayang, mummy sayang
Mummy sayang Sean boy

There! Silly ain't it? But it's just for Sean. Our thing. Some days I come up with some other stuff I can't remember but the "lullaby" above still plays on Radio M.U.M. regularly.

When I first sang to Sean, we were trying to train him to sleep without being carried. It took him some time and I thought, why not sing? So I did. And he slept in less than 3 minutes! The next night or so, he slept almost immediately upon hearing me sing. I don't know whether to be offended or glad! ha ha!

1 comment:

weeliem said...

yo! dropped by. cutenye budak itu:P